Women experience changes during pregnancy, as their bodies go through a series of transitions to accommodate the baby and its growth.
During pregnancy, we gain weight around our tummy too, and it is particularly difficult to shift, especially post pregnancy.
So, here are facts and tips on how to lose it.
- Breastfeed: If you thought breastfeeding only benefits the baby, you are wrong – nursing your baby has immense benefits for you too. Breastfeeding is a great way of reducing your baby belly as it triggers the contraction in uterus and thus helps the uterus to attain its normal size by shrinking it. Nursing also burns the extra calories of women without even putting an ounce of effort on her part. You are burning your calories even when you are resting – isn’t it great? But be aware as soon as you are going to decrease breast feeding or start weaning, you will have to put some extra efforts for burning those calories now
- Belly wrapping: It is the most old fashioned and effective way of toning your abdominal muscles as it is believed that the compression which maternity belts and tucks put on your abs may help the uterus to regain its normal size much sooner. For new moms they can also work wonders as they help them in their back pain or posture problem which is usually developed in women after delivery. You can try it out by wrapping simple cotton cloth or ‘dupatta’ around your belly or else there are lots of belts which are available in market
- Avoid empty calories:Start saying no to empty calories like cookies, candies, soda, chips and chocolates. You must be careful with carbohydrates consumption as they get converted into the sugar and settle in fat friendly areas. Try filling your diet with healthy food items like whole grain and low fat dairy products
- Go green tea: Green tea is a good option for reducing your belly as it is known to aid fat burning process. Most importantly it contains antioxidants that protect cells from free radicals and also boost body metabolism which facilitate the weight loss. Taking it after exercise can tremendously improve your belly weight loss results.
- Take massages: Massage can be very useful in reducing your belly fat, A massage can target the particular cellulite laden area which needs more attention. Massaging in those areas can distribute and release the fat into the body for absorption. Massage is also responsible for improving the metabolism and active body metabolism means burning up nutrients at a much faster pace which ultimately will lead to reduced fat. Massage can be most beneficial if it is planned after exercise or any other physical activity
- Warm Water: A warm glass of water in the morning can help you to flush out toxins, it also increase the temperature of our body which therefore increase the metabolic rate and increased metabolic rate burns more calories. Try to drink warm water whenever you are thirsty, you can also add lemon into it, drinking a glass of warm water and a lemon will help in breakdown of adipose tissue
- Include cabbage in your diet:Adding the green vegetable cabbage in your diet can help you in decreasing your post pregnancy belly fat in many ways, it is the best source of dietary fiber which improves nutrient absorption and at the same time maintains the healthy bowel movements. Also it comes under the low calorie vegetable which is rich in many essential vitamins such as riboflavin, pantothenic acid, and thiamin
- Spice things up: Spices not only improve your taste but also can work wonders in reducing your belly weight, Inclusion of spices like cinnamon, turmeric, pepper, long pepper helps in improving digestion and preventing accumulation of fat inside our body
- Avoid stress: Avoid taking stress as stress causes the release of stress hormones cortisol into your bloodstream which causes, tiredness, irritability and weight gain or retention. High levels of cortisol can also increase your craving for sweet and fatty food. Try to sleep when your baby is sleeping as extra sleep will help your body to wash out stress hormone and can make you feel better emotionally.
- Exercise: Hitting the gym may be some time away but light exercises like a walk can be started right away. Last but not the least start doing some abdominal exercises after taking a go ahead from your doctor. If your body is ready then plan a workout regime for your abdominal muscles. You can also start doing pranayama as it is quite beneficial and effective in toning your stomach muscles. While exercising keep in mind not to overdo it.
I hope these answered your questions about how to lose belly fat. Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section below.